Monday, February 07, 2005

My First SuperBowl Sunday

I've heard alot of talk about the Patriots and dynasties, but this is the first time I've seen them play in the big game. They are good and while I respect their work in the age of free agency, I am not entirely convinced. I read Vince Lombardi's book and Bill Belichek, you are no Vince Lombardi. I will really miss football until the fall and from what I saw today, I think the AFL is a poor substitute. As far as I am concerned the AFL is to football what the Jacobins were to tea parties.

On the commercial front, I think there was some funny stuff, but the fake kitty murder may have crossed a line. I mean, it makes me think of representational arguments from Adorno to Baudrillard, even along the lines of Frankfurt school critiques like Debord's The Society of the Spectacle. Mrow. Mrow, mrow.

Its freaking late, by the way, whats with an all new Simpsons at 10:45. Somebody better be working the tivo up in here. Thank Whiskas that I am nocturnal.

Wendy Pepper sucks by the way. I love Jay. I want to find his postal uniform in a clothes hamper, turn around on it a couple times, and take a nap.

Purr,

Hippo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy Pepper is evil.

Though the fashion week shots have pics of her collection and it is horrible. I think Austin is to die for, but that Kara Saun should win. Jay's hair would be good to play with, but Natalie would give me a hairball treat after then to make sure I didn't yak.

Dae