Thursday, April 14, 2005

Meow for Fighting

I can’t stand to purr
I’m not that naive
I’m just out to meow
The fluffy part of me

I’m more than a tabby...i’m more than a Maine
More than some pretty pouf beside a train
It’s not meow-y to be me

Wish that I could meow
Fall upon my paws
Find a way to fluff
About a windowledge I’ll never see

It may sound absurd...but don’t be naive
Even Persians have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It’s not easy to be me

I can’t stand to purr
I’m not that naive
Cats weren’t meant to meow
With chow between their paws

I’m only a cat
In a funny red sheet
And it’s not easy, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm...

Its not easy to be me

--
The hippoverse has been busy the last couple of days, what with Katie cleaning all the time and a constant feeling that I might be about to get a bath, not to mention the foreboding that comes from knowing a vet visit is imminent. But I promised to update with new pictures for my devoted fans, and this pretty kitty tries not to dissapoint. I'm feeling a little stuffy, but these photos are purr-ific, if I do say so myself. Some of them were taken in the effort to get the perfect Easter shot, which many of you received in your meow-mail a few weeks ago. For those of you who missed out, this is a purr-fect chance to fix your gaze on a beautiful Persian.





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hippo--

you looked stoned in 75% of those pictures!!! what have Katie and Baxter been feeding you??!

heart
anna

Anonymous said...

yay! im the coolest!

i really like the multiple shots of hippo on the present i gave katie! These new pics of hippo make her look purrr-fect.

--ilana