Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Cuz I've Got One Paw in My Pocket, and the Other One is Batting a Fuzzy Mouse

Sorry its been so long, I have been busy. Katie is still gone, my fur is less than perfectly shiny and smooth, and Baxter completely gives in to whatever I meow. Sometimes I just walk into the room and meow at him and then make him follow around the apartment as if I wanted something, even though I don't. Its pretty funny. I have also developed a couple new fun places to sit. My favorite is prolly (thats pretty sweet huh, I picked up some net-lingo there, /\/\e0w !!) over on Katie's nightstand which is almnost completely devoid of objects with her not around. Even glancing at this picture makes me purr with adorability:



Anyway, not much has been going on in this part of the world. The weather looks very nice outside, makes me kind of want to sit under a tree and chase birdies. Then I realize two things 1) I am not much of a jum-purr, since the top of the couch without a climb is kind of a stretch I doubt I would be able to reach up to the nest 2) I really like my comfy air-cat-ditioned bedroom. The only time the air-cat-ditioning hasnt been keeping my bunny-soft luxurious coat at a comfortable coolness since we've been home was yesterday, when some sort of storm wreaked havoc on our electicity.

I must admit, for the brave flat little face that I put up when I have to defend myself against a pink feathered toy, for instance, or when the shadow of my mobile toy strikes me in the wrong way, I am occassionally a bit of a scaredy cat. At first, the loud bark-like noises in the distance didn't deter me from sitting comfortably in the windows. But as the wind started to rattle them, I decided to move into the living room with Baxter, since, if nothing else, he would likely drown out the noise by talking to me about some television program that I had not been keeping up on or asking me what I want for my birthday. A concept, I have told him many times, that I do not understand. Though I must admit, a set of pink fuzzy sheets for my (excuse me, our) bed would be welcome.

When the lights started to flicker on and off, I had had it. I opened my big persian eyes as wide as I could, to let in the little bit of available light and crouched in the kitchen to wait out the storm. Almost 2 hours we had no lights, no TV, and nothing to keep my frantic self chilled and relaxed. When it was all over and done with I had to chill out with a couple White Persians, a delightful drink I developed featuring Vodka, Kahlua, Godiva White Chocolate Liquor, and Whipping Cream.

Finally, heres another pictures for my adoring paw-blic. This is a new game I have developed, called Pony Rides for Kitties. Hope you enjoy.



Purr,

Hippo

No comments: