Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday Morning for the Hippo-Bear

Meow!

I know that it has been forever since this pretty kitty updated, but I have been both busy and seething in anger at the unfairness of www.kittenwar.com! I recognize that this site is awesome and addicting; who wouldn't like looking at kittens all day long? But from my time spent meowing and clicking on their website, I have noticed a pernicious problem of rampant discrimination against persian kitties. As a persian afficionado, I obviously noted the beautiful flat faced cats available for my purr-usal, and voted for them as often as possible. However, when I did, I would note that even the most fur-ocious and purr-fect of Persians would fall victim to fat cats, ugly cats, hiding cats, as long as they were not Persian! How can we live in the twenty-first century and still allow this travesty to purr-petuate itself? I declare, affirmative action for Persians!

Luckily for my adoring fans out there, I have a few new photos of my meow-tiful self to share. I have an online photo album somewhere; maybe Katie or Baxter will share it at some point. I would also like to note that I was subjected to the ridiculousness of a bath yesterday, which was purr-fectly AWFUL, but now my fur is lush and soft. At least there was only one casualty - I got a good scratch in on Katie's face. Baxter escaped unharmed.

Onto the photos!


this is me in a bag in Baxter's office, chilling while he worked on his orals. Luckily he passed or I might still be there for moral support.


This is how I look after attacking the canopy. It is not one of my better facial pictures, but it gives you a sense of my fur-ocious nature.


This is me on top of my new cat condo! It is very fun, and I especially enjoy convincing Katie and Baxter that I scratch it and not the couch when it is clear that the couch is very dear to my claws.


Inside the cat condo. I love the view.


I am posing here on my favorite bedspread, the quilt Katie and Baxter got as a wedding present. It is on the bed all of the time and I enjoy posing with such bright colors.


this is me on my stool. Katie sometimes uses it to reach things up high in the kitchen, but obviously it belongs to me. I was stretched out here between it and the laundry basket.


and finally, me taking a nap in the laundry. Obviously BEFORE I had the bath that left me soft and sparkling. But I am purr-fect all the same.

No comments: