Friday, August 26, 2005

Oh Hippo, You Came and You Purred Without Meowing, And You Fought With Your Mousey, Oh Hippo!!

Meowers. Its been a bit weird since my b-day last week, maybe partially becuz I have had a couple good doses of the catnip Baxter and Katie got for me. Katie also did a bit of cleaning in the living room and put all my toys in a very cute little basket on the floor. I had to pull the fishy-pole and the pink feather toy out to throw them around and a couple times it meant that I just played with pencils, blankets, rubber bands, books, electrical cords (umm, Katie and Baxter, if you're reading, ignore that last one) and the like.

One of the crazy things about the month of August is that once my birthday-extravaganza is over its time for the Katie birthday extravaganza. I have been saving up and consulted with Baxter about some things that she might like. Here's a picture of our pow-wow on the subject of Katie-presents:



Baxter has worked pretty consistently on his dissertation all week, which meant that I got to spend alot of time studying along with him, as well as occassionally taking a cat-nap or two on the desk. I hadn't read alot of The Interpretation of Dreams but as you can see based on this picture from today, I have really gotten into it.



I have been watching So You Think You Can Dance and in all honesty, I think a 2 hour tape of me sleeping in the window would be more entertaining. At least every 10 minutes I would rub my cute little paws on my face and you could go "awwww" instead of hearing pretentious dance people arbitrarily choose whether or not they "felt it." On the other hand I've been watching Kathy Griffin's reality show on E! and she is kinda meowtastic. She has two puppies and apparently no kitties, but a fountain that I would love to play with, stairs that I would love to run up and down, and lots of big windows to look out of.

Finally, there are two new puppies who live in my building and I have seen outside a couple times. One is a little black lab and the other is an 8 week old English Bulldog, I think they will be my new friends.

Purr,

Hippo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

arent dogs your natural enemy?

anna

Empress Hippopotameow said...

I love Puppy Friends.

The feud between cats and dogs is overblown. As far as I can tell, it mostly has to do with attempting to pit us against each other, probably a plan devised by either mice or ferretts. Stupid rodents.

I actually really want a puppy friend of my own, but I don't think my apartment is big enough for anyone beyond me, and occassionally Baxter and Katie. But someday maybe I will have a Pug, Irish Wolfhound, St Bernard, Bernese Mountain Dog, Pekigneese, or Wiener dog as an amigo/a.

Purr,

Hippo