Saturday, September 03, 2005

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens . . . These are a few of my Favorite Purrs!

Meow Meow!

Well, now that the Katie Birthday Extravaganza is over, things are settling down at the Hippo pad. I am pleased that almost all of the wrapping paper and boxes have been picked up; I love the wrapping paper and batting it about is a pasttime of mine, but I am always a meow-ier kitten when my apartment is clean. I am something of a neat cat like that.

On a sadder note, I have been rapt with attention at the hurricane. I am not normally drawn to cat-astrophe television, but I am an animal lover, and I am worried about those hidden by the disaster - the pets. I read a story on the internet about people being evacuated and not being allowed to take their pets, which makes this pretty kitty sad and bereft. I absolutely hate the bathtub, and I know that it is not even near the same scale, so I cannot imagine how awful it must be for those animals. If anyone is looking for more information on this subject or ways to help, I would suggest this site.

As a way to give everyone a little brightening on this sad day, I thought I would give a list of my favorite purrs:

1. I looooooove clean sheets. I would like to give them many purrs and smooches. Katie and I change the sheets together, and it is always a cat-tastic time.


2. Many purrs and kisses also go out to the dresser in my bedroom. I am not much of a jumper, but I do love to climb up through Baxter's sweaters and lay out on the dresser. It is always very cool, and I can stretch all the way out and survey my holdings. If I am a very nice kitty, sometimes Baxter and Katie will stop by and pet me on the head and scratch my chin.


3. I am doing a purr-tastic job helping Baxter write his dissertation! I have decided that although I am still more interested in representational practices and their effects of socioeconomic status and oppressed populations, I am taking more of an interest in both continental philosophy and pyschoanalysis, hoping to broaden my horizons and make a little bit more of an effort to be an educated kitten. So far, I believe I have been indispensable to the process, although my suggestion that Baxter use kitten themed titles for all of his chapters was not accepted.


4. I am going to be a supermodel! Katie insists that I must see the movie Zoolander, which I do not understand, but I have a distinctly favorite pose in photographs. I believe I have perfected my look, and love to emphasize my curvy shape and luscious fur.


5. Finally, my new favorite hobby is web design. I love visiting various cat-themed pursuits, be it cats in costumes, sinks, or just playing about. I continue to vociferously protest the blatant discrimination that faces Persian kitties in such endeavors, but as I believe that the most structural change occurs through working with the system, I visit them all the same. Besides, I need to start getting ideas for my Halloween Costume.


Thank you all for visiting!
Purr,
Hippo

No comments: