Monday, August 14, 2006

Go Hippo, It's Your Birthday, We're Going to Meow-Purr like it's Your Birthday!

I apologize for the lame birthday song reference, but it was all this pretty kitty could come up with to announce that I am, in fact, 2 years old! Despite the fact that my MySpace profile says otherwise, Saturday I turned 2 (or 14 in kitty years)! Katie and Baxter brought me some lovely presents, and I had a purr-tastic evening watching Animal Planet and gorging on Cat Chow. I don't really like any kitty food besides my be-meow-ed Purina Cat Chow, but toys are always appreciated around here. And I took in quite a haul; in fact, I got so many purr-sents that I haven't even taken them all out of the packaging, because there was just too much to play with all at one time!

First, Katie and Baxter donated some money to the PetCo animal charities on my purr-half, so I am officially a fur-lanthropist, and this makes me immensely proud. (Before anyone gets too excited, though, this purr-ty kitty would like to note that the donation was 23 cents, because PetCo has an awesome idea where you can round up your purchase to the nearest dollar and donate the rest. This is a meow-tacular idea, and all merchants should purr-ticipate, because all monetary transactions should be done in whole dollar amounts any-meows, so donation = purr-fect solution!)

Second, they got me a new stick with feather toy! I love sticks with feathers! And this one has a bell, so it is extra super fur-tacular. Here is the close-up of my toy:


And here is how much I love it!


I also got an awesome new catnip toy, because I LOVE the catnip. It is a cute fishy that rolls around on the floor with catnip inside, and although I haven't totally mastered the art of playing with this toy, it fur-scinates me.


I mean, I was totally into the whole toy thing, but the orange fishy is going to be my fur-vorite toy soon, I can just meow it.


My final toy set is these catnip mousies, which I haven't even opened because my other toys were so totally awesome. But primary colors are the new pastels, so I can only imagine the fun in store for meow.


The reason I didn't get to play with them is because I totally got distracted by this rubber band, which was not a birthday present but was thoroughly a-meow-sing to all parties involved:


Finally, Katie and I took my official 2nd birthday portrait, which I hope that you will enjoy as much as I did. Because I am beautiful.

No comments: