Monday, August 07, 2006

Thanks for Making Me A Biter!

Meow! I know that it has been millions of feline-years since this pretty kitty has updated, but my audience will forgive me for a few lovely photographs, purr? Pretty purr?

Moving has really taken a lot out of the Hippo. There have been stairs to explore, the occasional spider to eat, and a whole new set of windows to look out of at all new animals in the yard. It has tired me out.


In addition, there has been the addition of new fur-niture to my purr-tastic abode, so I have had to sit on it, and occasionally claw it, just to test out my clawing abilities. Don't worry, Katie and Baxter, I won't scratch up the new couch like the last one! Meow! Luckily, my favorite part of the new couch is its meow-rific nap accomodations.

There has also been an abundance of play-time here at the Hippo Castle. See how great the couch is as a springboard?

Un-fur-tunately, sometimes my toys get away from here. The couch works as a jungle-gym in that situation, letting me work as the jungle cat that I am!
This week looks to be a busy one: I still haven't sent out my housewarming notes as I had intended; I shall have to meow up a picture that is formal enough to send, no pussy-footing around it. Katie and I had purred about taking one outside with the two of us, but my artistic kitten ways have some other ideas. I won't tell you them now, but if I know you, you may be getting such a letter soon!

I will leave you with one precious photograph of my kitten-likeness, taken by Baxter while Katie was at the World Debate Institute, which I like because it keeps me in kitten chow but keeps Katie far away where I cannot sit in her lap at all hours of the day.

~meow~

Editors Meow:

As a result of my un-purr-tunate laziness, I have decided that order needs to be installed at this meow-tastic online space. After all, how can I purr-fect my HTML skills if I never update? How will Persian kitties of the world become more active or well-recognized? How will I continue to fight for reproductive freedom and an end to rampant Persian kitty discrimination? So order it is. For now, I will be updating this fur-ociously entertaining blog every Monday, just like today. I will still send out Notify list posts, but thought everyone might like a meow's-up on the happenings around here at Adventures in Hippo Land.

P.S. (Purr Script): I am actually a lover, not a biter, but mad props to Christina Aguilera! Meow Meow Purr!

Purrs and Smooches,
Hippo

No comments: