Monday, August 21, 2006

Out Here in the Meow, I Work For My Chow

It’s a delightful evening tonight, so says this Hippo-bear. I can hardly pull myself away from the beauty of sitting along this window and keeping watch for the skunk that has been roaming around outside. I’ve been told that there is a cartoon skunk known for being romantically inclined towards kitties, which is obviously ridiculous. The few experiences I have had with the skunky suggests that it is interested primarily in garbage. Perhaps interested only in garbage, though the items on the back porch do not really allow it to express a diversity of interests.

I was helping Baxter work on his dissertation this afternoon and purring up a storm when I realized that I could play a fantastically interesting game called “knock toys down the stairs.” At this point I have only successfully been able to do this with small catnip flavored mousies and the like, but I have big plans to roll my two story cat condo down the stairs and ride it log-rolling style.

Its weird, I had my birthday a little over a week ago, but I don’t feel especially different. I am, however officially a teenaged meowcat. I was not the Dana fan that Baxter is, but her version of “Baba O’Reilly” inspired the recent love that I have developed for The Who. I was thinking of forming a Persian kitty cover band called The Mew, but as of yet, I have spent my time playing with new toys and getting the most out of the cat days of summer.

Nonetheless, I would be pretty pawesome as a rock and roll kitty. A couple of photos should illustrate this adequately.

In the first, we see that I have the face to be on the cover of our first album, Rolling Stone, Cat Fancy, whatever.
IMG_1087

Additionally, I am a rebel. Even though Baxter constantly reminds me that we do not play with electrical cords, I do it when he is not looking. Maybe, when Katie is looking, or when someone is looking just enough to take a picture of me and then giggle as I leap up the stairs.

IMG_0018

Occasionally I party really hard and enjoy a bit too much catnip and I pass out right in my toy basket. Its not the bathtub or a hotel hallway, but I have freaking standards. Not to mention the nip always gives me enough of a boost to get somewhere that is at least blanket lined.



I am not a big Orgy fan or anything, but if The Mew needed to tap into the Hot Topic crowd, I think I could probably go goth for a while. I mean, I’m not gonna invest in a case of kitten eyeliner or anything, but a hint of vamp here and there can bring in the whole spikey bracelet crowd.

IMG_1461

Finally, it doesn’t hurt anything that I can belt it out when necessary. I’m not a loud kitty, but I have the pipes for some purrific notes when I need it. GOOD NIGHT MINNEAPOLIS!! WE LOVE YOU!!

IMG_0061

Hippo Out!

No comments: