Monday, August 28, 2006

Well We're Meowin On Up, To The Purr Side.

It's another sleepy Monday morning here in Hippo-land, and I'm still recovering from a weekend without Baxter and Katie. They went to Philadelphia and left me here all alone, without even the back sliding door open to stare out at the backyard! Luckily, I've met a number of kitty friends in the backyard who run free, so we were able to coordinate a party of sorts on Saturday night here in the Hippo abode.

Animal Planet was showing Big Cat Magic, which is a show I highly recommend, as it is all about big cats, and who doesn't think big cats are magic? We gorged on chow, held races up and down the stairs, and generally had a meow-tastic time. We invited the skunk that lives in the backyard, but unlike Pepe LePew, he does not seem interested in taking a kitty lover. Maybe next time, when Katie and Baxter go to a debate tournament!

I also learned how to play around with some photos, as you might be able to tell from my gorgeous new blog header. I also made this photo, with the help of some Flickr tools:



Sometimes I think it is criminal how a-purr-ably cute I am. My playful side has been out in full force as of late as well, so you should be jealous that you haven't been playing with me and the feather toy. It has been fanCATstic.


The stairs are such a good place to continue my playing, as they give me multiple options for scratching and hanging and generally freaking Baxter out, who is not inclined to let me harm myself. I try to tell him I'm a teenager now and all grown up, but he will NOT believe me. He's so pushy sometimes.

Of course, when it comes right down to it, they'll never deny me anything, because I am too cute for words.

No comments: