Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We Want the Meow, Give Up the Meow, Ow We Need the Meow, Gotta Have that Meow!

Meow meow meow. Despite the incredible fall weather that we’ve had for, well, most of the summer, the Hippo cat got to enjoy some serious warmth today as the temp in Rochester made it into the 80s. That was slightly compromised by the fact that someone decided that instead of cat-napping my way through the afternoon, curled up in an adorable pile of cords behind the TV

IMG_0073

I should have to dart back and forth constantly curious about the loud noises being inflicted on me. Katie and Baxter have been telling me that they are in fact loud noises towards a productive goal of “less potholes in the parking lot,” but that seems far less likely then that it was directed at the annoyance of me. Here is my theory: somewhere in this complex there is another persian kitty. By virtue of she or he being a persian kitty, she or he is no doubt incredibly adorable, but paw-bviously, not as adorable as me. Evidence, this is how freaking cute I am sleeping in the feaking car:

IMG_0433

So my only guess is that, in an attempt to make her/himself the cutest persian kitty on the block, this other kitten tried to disturb my beauty sleep. There were two flaws in this strategy.

1) I am arguably even more adorable when waking up grumpy then at any other time. By increasing the ratio of waking-up moments to hours slept, my rival bit it like a big chunk of tuna fish. (let me use this parenthetical (new Hippo vocab word) to make a brief analogy Tunafish: Hippo:: Spinach: Popeye (also “bit it like a big chunk of tunafish: Hippo :: drop it like its hawt: Snoop Dogg)). Proof, you demand. Meow! I retort!

IMG_0967

2) I am a very persuasive kitty-bear. I just popped to the door and suggested that everyone go out for a tasty glass of cream until I was ready to run, climb, play, etc. A little purr goes a long way.

IMG_0075

Now, however, there is a catnip mousey somewhere calling my name. Seriously, can it get better than that combination. Catnip=awesome, mousey=awesome. Catnip mousey=awesome^2. That’s some old school math skillz, Hippo style. Keep it meowy!

Purrs and Smooches,

Hippo

No comments: