Monday, October 02, 2006

The Ballad of a Kitten and Her Feather

I must admit that this whole Baxter and Katie going out of town thing is really getting old. I mean, I like the parties and the unlimited chow and cream, but I also really like Baxter and Katie, and when they are out of town, who will I lay with in the mornings? There is no one to pick me up and play games, no one to cuddle with in the middle of the night, and no one to brush and pet me. As you can see, this is not my favorite state of affairs. I am perturbed.

More than that, though, I am forlorn. Sad and crushed that there will be no one to play with me.

At this point, only my feather is here to comfort me. We lay together and wish for Katie and Baxter. I reach my arms out towards the feather, and the feather reaches back.

Maybe if I give them this look, Katie and Baxter will just stay home?

Until then, I will be looking and Waiting.


Luckily, as it Monday, they have returned to me! We will run and frolic and play and smooch until Friday. I mean, who could resist this Hippo Bear?

No comments: