Monday, November 13, 2006

Debate Hippo

So I must admit, weekends where there are debate tournaments but only one of my friends Katie or Baxter is gone are my favorite kind of debate weekends. It's not that I don't enjoy being alone, because I do. This pretty kitty likes to have time for introspection and pondering the uni-purr-se, but I also like to have a friend at my demand, should I need anything. This weekend, with Katie at home and Baxter at the Wake Forest Debate Tournament in Winston-Salem, NC, was perfect. Katie did laundry, so I got plenty of chances to dart in and out of the laundry room (which they insist on keeping locked much of the time, and which I totally do not understand, as there are cobwebs to run into and spiders to bat, not to mention large machinery to hide behind). We watched much TV, including 3 movies, and a few episodes of the View, which I heart, as I purr Rosie O'Donnell.

This weekend, though, I decided that the best thing for me to do to get to see a little more of the country would be to debate for the University of Rochester. So I started by exercizing my jaw, getting ready to read aloud.
IMG_0386

I did some speed drills, but all they did was make my mouth tired.
IMG_0384

Then I decided to take a break, do a little research, and gear up for much work.
IMG_0390

After all that hard work, I thought about writing some arguments out, practicing my second affirmative constructive, but then I decided that it would be better to take a nap in my tub.
IMG_0393

No comments: